Reed Making / Reed Supplies
There will be formal instructional reed making sessions daily for those who need them (how to shape, how to profile, how to make a blank, how to trim a blank, etc.) as well as informal sharing of information as we sit down and make reeds together whenever we have a spare moment.
If you have cane and tools, DO bring them. If you do not have cane and tools and have never made reeds before, don’t worry!
There will be a fully equipped reed making area with a Benson Bell profiler, Fox shapers, a Rieger Tip Profiler and all the little things required for making reeds.
The #virtualbvbd2020 reed making doubled as a popular socializing opportunity for those near and far!
Reed Tuck Shop
- Gouged, shaped and profiled cane $8/piece
- Gouged only cane $5/piece
- Quality reed wire (3 different gauges available) $15/spool
Also available in the Reed Tuck Shop are:
- Finished reeds from Filippo Rossi $28/reed, with partial proceeds going to the Paul Buttemer Scholarship Fund.
- Finished reeds from Andrew Burn (bassoons.ch) $25/reed.
Shane Wieler of Marcus-Wieler Bassoon Workshop will hold a “bassoon market” at some point during the week.